Ms. Smith joined Evangelista Worley LLC in 2017 after practicing law for 16 years in New York and New Jersey. Most recently, she worked at a New York-based plaintiffs’ complex litigation firm where she represented investors, consumers, pension plan participants, and businesses, and individuals in complex litigation involving violations of securities law, breaches of fiduciary duty, director and officer liability, and violations of the U.S. False Claims Act. Ms. Smith’s work representing shareholders in complex securities class actions has resulted in the recovery of over $3 billion, and her work representing relators in False Claims Act actions has led to recoveries for the United States.
In addition to her law degree, Ms. Smith earned a Master of Arts in French from Rutgers University. She taught French at Rutgers University and the University of Iowa and English in Bois-Colombes, France.
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., Cornell Law School, May 1999 Acquisitions Editor, Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy Member, Cornell Moot Court Board Finalist, Cuccia Cup Moot Court Competition
- M.A., Rutgers University, May 1994 Graduate School Fellowship; Rutgers Scholars Awards Part-time Lecturer; Teaching Assistant; Writing, Tutor Assistante d’anglais (English assistant teacher) in Bois-Colombes, France, 1993-1994 .
- B.A., Rutgers College, May 1990 High Honors Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Sigma Iota Rutgers Merit Scholarships; Dean’s List
- Environmental Class Actions: A Look at the Gulf Oil Spill , CADS Report, Vol. 21, No. 1 (Fall 2010) (co-authored with Peter Safirstein, Esq.).
- April’s Child (f/k/a the Child Abuse Prevention Center), Volunteer Parent Aide, March 2016 – present.