David Worley has more than 25 years of experience in complex civil trial and appellate litigation, including as co-lead counsel for the consumer class in one of the nation’s largest data breach actions, substantial experience in securities and consumer class action litigation, representation of trustees of union pension funds and international and local unions and representation of bankruptcy trustees in actions against former officers and directors and accountants.
- State Bar of Georgia, 1985
- Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court, 1985
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1985
- United States Supreme Court, 1998
- Member, American Bar Association, Atlanta Bar Association, Federal Bar Association
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law, Committee on Federal Legislative Developments, 1996-2000
- Chair, State Bar of Georgia Labor and Employment Law Section, 2001-2002
- Chair, Atlanta Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, 1999‑2000
- Past Member, AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee
- Bellsouth Telecommunications LLC v. Cobb County and Gwinnett County, 802 S.E. 2d 686, 2017 WL 2590853 (Ga. Ct. App. 2017);
- Jones v. Tauber & Balser, P.C., 503 B.R. 162 (N.D. Ga. 2013);
- In re Verilink Corp., 457 B.R. 832 (N.D. Ala. 2011), and six other reported decisions;
- Earthlink v. Eaves, 293 Ga. App. 75 (2008);
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia, J.D., 1985. Johnson & Swanson Award (Best Brief, First‑year Legal Writing Program); Best Brief Award, Region IV, National Moot Court Competition; National Moot Court Team.
- Harvard University, , A.B., Government, cum laude, 1980.
- Member, Georgia State Election Board, 2004-Present
- Georgia State Co‑Counsel, Obama for America, 2008
- Member, Democratic National Committee, 1998-2001, 2008-16
- Chairman, Democratic Party of Georgia, 1998-2001
- Vice-Chair, National Finance Committee, John Kerry for President, 2004
- Candidate for Presidential Elector, 2012, 2004, 2000
- Georgia Delegate, Democratic National Convention, 1980, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2012, 2016
- Member, Georgia State Democratic Committee, 1986-Present
- Democratic Nominee, United States Congress, Sixth Congressional District, 1988, 1990
- Selected by Georgia Judicial Nominating Commission as Finalist for Appointment to Georgia Court of Appeals, 2002.
- Named “Georgia SuperLawyer” by Atlanta Magazine in field of Securities Litigation, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Named one of “100 Most Influential Georgians” by Georgia Trend Magazine, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002.